Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 1 @ Oman Community Blog

Dear All,

My Name is Vipin Kumar. This is my first day in Oman Community Blog and am very exited to be a part of the community...!!!

Its been a little over 2 months I am in Muscat, however I feel as if I share a strong bonding with the soil....I am sure there are many people who share the same feeling about the city and the country.

I have done my graduation in Computer Science and Electronics. I started my career in MphasiS BPO, as a trainee customer service executive. MphasiS has an exceptional character as a company and I gained a lot in my 3 years tenure, grew as Unit Manager within 2 years, expanded my horizons into services sector, learnt to lead teams into achieving goals, motivating them, the number game of the industry.

The opportunity knocked and I moved into consulting as a HR Manager, worked in Zygon, Focus Management Consultants at various positions. Interacted with clients like IBM, Accenture, SAIC, EDS, Genpact, Professional Access, Zensar, GE.

With my specialization in recruitment, I am here to test my skills and add value to my company and the country (I would be very happy if I can accomplish this).

Photography being my passion, Oman is the best suited place for me, as close to my heart as my home country...

Thank you all...



12 comments:

Luisa said...

Lesson number one Don't share too much about your private life Muscat is a jungle
Lesson number two Don't show too much enthusiasm You will see how this country is close to your heart when your dsl will not work for 24 hours or when an electricity black out will break your Show time receiver
Welcome :P

Anonymous said...

firstly - welcome, i think you'll like oman

secondly, what do you mean test your skills?

Anonymous said...

ah vipin mate! just lay-back and relax. muscat ain't india,where you have to slog till death working working and working even more. it's a lovely laid back relaxed country :) where you get time for yourself, family and hobbies.

enjoy life in paradise! and welcome to the blog!

Rock on...!!! said...

Hmm yes I have heard about those electricity blackouts, but EHC and its group is really working well to improve this...touch wood we will no face such problems :). Thank you for the lessons...I would surely need few more of those, as I am new here :)

Test my skills - well Muscat is a completely different ball game isnt it :D

Kapil..I really agree with you. Muscat is a lot laid back and relaxed compared to any other city of India :P

Thank you all for your comments...

Suburban said...

Welcoma aboard. It' great to see another blogger contributing to the Community Blog.

Rock on...!!! said...

Thank you :)

Shula B said...

Welcome to Oman.

Rock on...!!! said...

Thank you :)

Al Nims Media said...

Welcome to OCB, Vipin.

Undercover Dragon said...

Vipin,

Enjoy. Its a pretty nice jungle. Keep your chin up and don't sweat the small stuff.

Jen Kumar said...

Looking forward to seeing your photography of the beauties of Oman!

Rock on...!!! said...

Thank you...Kishore, under cover :)

Yes Jennifer...you will see some good pics soon